How to setup FedEx Web Services
To enable FedEx Web Services for Cadacus Solutions, the following information must be obtained from FedEx:
- Fedex.com Login Registration (User ID and password)
- Account Number
- Freight Account Number
- Production Authentication Key
- Meter Number
1. If the company is not already registered with a FedEx.com Login (User ID and password) at the FedEx site, U.S. customers may register here. The FedEx.com registration offers using an existing FedEx account number with a new FedEx.com Login, or, optionally, creating a FedEx.com Login and adding a new FedEx Account number, if needed.
2. If the company does not already have a FedEx Freight Account, apply for it here. This process usually takes a few days to complete, since a FedEx representative contacts the applicant by phone for confirmation purposes.
3. To get a Production Authentication Key, a Test Key must first be obtained. To do this, log-in to FedEx.com and go to the FedEx Developer Resource Center here and follow these steps:
- Navigate to "Learn-->FedEx Office Web Services-->Develop and Test"; click on the "Get your test key" button;
- Enter requested company name and email information and for "Country", select "US and Global";
- Accept the License Authorization agreement;
- Confirmation will provide a Developer Test Key as a required step prior to making a Production Authentication Key request (example below):
- Return to the FedEx Developer Resource Center and under "FedEx Office Web Services", select "Move to Production"; click the "Get Production Key Button";
- Enter the contact information requested;
- Accept the License Agreement, if prompted;
- Complete the "Application Profile" as follows:
- A Production "Authentication Key" and "Meter Number" will be provided similar to the example below. Keep this information in a safe place as it will be needed to enable FedEx Web Services for the Shipping solution.
Go back to FedEx Integration steps