HomeForumFrequently Asked QuestionsFAQsHandhelds: Clearing stored data for better performance

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Handhelds: Clearing stored data for better performance

How do I clear stored data from the handheld devices? 4 years 4 months ago #27

• JohnMc
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 2
To keep the handhelds optimized for efficiency, I need to clear locally stored data periodically. How do I do this with the Handheld Solution?
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by JohnMc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do I clear stored data from the handheld devices? 4 years 4 months ago #35

• Don
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 10
Periodically, stored data may be removed from the Handheld devices by the following:

1. Select the "Shipping" button on the Handheld main menu
2. Select Actions > Remove
3. Select one of the options (Posted, Completed, Saved, New, All)

See the example below:
hh_how-to-remove-stored-data.png

Also, to maintain a minimum of stored data on the handhelds on an ongoing basis, we recommend setting the appropriate cleanse "day" options in the "Options 1" tab under the Handheld Configurations in the Cross-Reference to "Request data cleanse" and "Clean posted entries". Both options should be set to at least "1". Click here to see the detailed documentation.

Another option related to data storage is to insert SD cards into the handhelds and move the local handheld database files to the SD cards. Step-by-step instructions for doing that are here
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by JohnMc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: JohnMc, Don, elasner
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds