FileWatcher Version 3.0.0
FileWatcher version 3.0.0
The Cadacus File Watcher Service will "watch a directory" for filenames that end in ".fw". When an ".fw" file is placed in the watched directory, these file will then be transferred to a Windows Printer without going through the print driver. This allows formatted files to be sent directly to a Windows printer.
The program is designed to be used with the Shipping Solutions labeling service as an alternative to using Rawprint, the direct queue mechanism, or the e.Net business objects over webservices.
Download the FileWatcher Installer
Click here to Download File Watcher 3.0.0 Installer Released : February 23, 2016
- Filewatcher requires Microsoft.Net Framework 4.0; for more details on .Net Framework versions and links, see steps 2 and 3 here.
Install the FileWatcher service
- Determine if FileWatcher is already installed on the application server via "Programs and Features" in the Windows Control Panel, for example:
- If there is no "Cadacus FileWatcher Service" already installed, or if the first number in the program version shown in "Programs" is less than 3.x.x (e.g., 2.x.x), the old FileWatcher version must be uninstalled before installing the new version as shown below. Click here to see the steps to uninstall the "old" FileWatcher
Format the FileWatcher file name
The filename must use the following format:
||The directory FileWatcher is watching
||Tells FileWatcher to transfer the file to a Windows Print Queue
||The Windows Printer name
||Any unique filename
||The required suffix. Only files with this suffix are processed
Using FileWatcher from a Label Control file
Configuring a label control file to use FileWatcher requires two steps.
- Remove any lines starting with [QUEUE]
- Add or modify the line starting with [FILE] to output the label to the filewatcher directory using the proper filename syntax.