Before installing this download in a LIVE environment:
- BACKUP "Live" SYSPRO files, folders, and database.
- Install the new release in a TEST environment.
- Get user acceptance signoff on testing results.
- Test backup/recovery steps to ensure operational continuity.
If assistance is needed to implement sound testing, operational backup, and a recovery process, please contact your dealer or SYSPRO.
Cadacus WCF Service (version 2) Download and Installation
This latest version of our Cadacus WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) Service features queued posting for improved performance.
Steps for installation:
Requirement: click here to be sure the minimum version of Microsoft .NET Framework is installed. It also contains the link to get the required .NET Framework from the Microsoft download site, if needed.
- Click the download link below and save the file. Then navigate to it and run the installation program "as Administrator" (required) on the SYSPRO application server (example below). Follow the prompts of the installation program.
Important: if the Cadacus installation program tells you .NET 4.0 is required, cancel it and get the proper .NET from the link in step 1 above. Do not allow the Cadacus WCF Service installation program to load .NET as it will only load the client version, not the required server version.
- To edit the configuration for this service, Notepad must be "run as administrator", e.g.:
- While in Notepad, navigate to the directory where the Cadacus WCF Service was installed, e.g.:
- Make the changes in the example below and save it:
- Go to Windows Services and "Start" the Cadacus WCF Service
Cadacus WCF Service testing and troubleshooting
To verify the Cadacus WCF Service is working properly, go to Testing the WCF Service to test connections to the service.
- To activate application event logging afor analysis and troubleshooting, go to Enabling WCF logs for analysis and troubleshooting.
Verify Microsoft .NET Frameworks 4.5 (or above) is installed
If there are questions about which version of the Microsoft .NET Frameworks is installed, go to Start-->Run-->Regedit and go to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->MICROSOFT-->NET Framework Setup-->NDP and if .NET Frameworks 4.5 is installed, it should look something like this:
If the registry sub-key "Full" is not present, then .NET Frameworks 4.5 is not installed. The number under the "Data" column in the "Release" key in the registry example above defines the specific version of .NET installed. A value of "378389" means .NET Framework 4.5 is installed. Values higher indicate more recent versions of .NET-- for details from Microsoft go here.
If .NET Frameworks 4.5 is not installed, click here to get it.
Note: before installing Frameworks, verify the requirements are a match for your target environment and test appropriately.