Before installing this download in a LIVE environment:
- BACKUP "Live" SYSPRO files, folders, and database.
- Install the new release in a TEST environment.
- Get user acceptance signoff on testing results.
- Test backup/recovery steps to ensure operational continuity.
If assistance is needed to implement sound testing, operational backup, and a recovery process, please contact your dealer or SYSPRO.
Cadacus WCF Service Download and Installation
Our Cadacus WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) Service is based on a Microsoft framework for communicating messages between our Handheld WMS solution and the SYSPRO application server. The Cadacus WCF service "listens" for messages sent from any Handheld WMS solution endpoint, facilitates processing of the messages with the SYSPRO application server, and properly returns the requested response to each endpoint.
This version also features "queued posting", which provides the following benefits:
- improved performance: transaction queues provide load leveling to prevent sending applications (handheld devices) from overwhelming the receiving application (SYSPRO) during peak work loads
- failure isolation: sending and receiving applications can fail without affecting each other
- disconnected operations: in some limited availability networks where mobile devices might move in- and out-of range in a wireless network, message queuing allows connections to drop and be re-established without interrupting the worker's task at hand
Steps for installation:
Click the download button below and save the installation file. Run the installation program "as Administrator" (required) on the SYSPRO application server. Follow the prompts of the installation program.
Edit the configuration file as required. If the service is being updated, the current configuration file will be saved. Please compare the new and old configuration file and reset the values as needed. To save the changes to the configuration file, Notepad (or you favorite text editor) must be "run as administrator". The configuration file is called CadacusWCFService.exe.config in the folder where the service was installed (typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cadacus\WCFService").
For SYSPRO 8, the configuration parameter "UseSysproWCF" must be set to "Yes".
The configuration parameters are explained in the configuration file.
Go to Windows Services and "Start" the Cadacus WCF Service
Cadacus WCF Service testing and troubleshooting
To verify the Cadacus WCF Service is working properly, follow the Testing the WCF Service instructions.
Verify Microsoft .NET Frameworks 4.5 (or above) is installed
If there are questions about which version of the Microsoft .NET Frameworks is installed, go to Start-->Run-->Regedit and go to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->MICROSOFT-->NET Framework Setup-->NDP and if .NET Frameworks 4.5 is installed, it should look something like this:
If the registry sub-key "Full" is not present, then .NET Frameworks 4.5 is not installed. The number under the "Data" column in the "Release" key in the registry example above defines the specific version of .NET installed. A value of "378389" means .NET Framework 4.5 is installed. Values higher indicate more recent versions of .NET-- for details from Microsoft go here.
If .NET Frameworks 4.5 is not installed, click here to get it.
Note: before installing Frameworks, verify the requirements are a match for your target environment and test appropriately.